> ABOUT US
Since 1909, the School Sisters of St. Francis of Christ the King have
staffed parish schools throughout the United States. In the mid-1940’s,
in addition to teaching, they focused their attention in providing
a home for the aging. The Sisters set out and converted their former
Lemont convent into a sheltered care home, which would be known as
the St. Joseph Home for the Aged.
As time past and circumstances
and conditions changed, the Sisters had to initiate a new vision.
In 1971, the long awaited “dream” was realized when
Alvernia Manor opened its doors.
Since then, the mission of the Sisters and their caring staff is
to provide a home where residents can live up to their greatest
potential in joy and hope in an atmosphere of Christian love and
concern. We believe that as a Christian community, we respect the
dignity and needs of one another as together we strive for excellence
in the care of our senior residents.
Read more about our staff by clicking the links below:
Friend & Mascot
Find out more about Alvernia
CONTACT US >